YMCA Membership Prices, Fees and Cost in 2023
YMCA is a worldwide youth organization based in Geneva, Switzerland, with more than 64 million beneficiaries in 120 countries. It was founded on 6 June 1844 by Sir George Williams in London, as the Young Men’s Christian Association.
From its inception, it grew rapidly and ultimately became a worldwide movement. Local YMCAs deliver projects and services focused on youth development through a wide variety of youth activities, including providing athletic facilities, holding classes for a wide variety of skills, promoting Christianity, and humanitarian work.
Below are the latest and most accurate YMCA Membership Prices in 2023 for various YMCA Membership Plans.
YMCA Prices & Membership Cost 2023
YMCA Individual Adult Membership
(Monthly adult membership)
YMCA Adult+1 Membership
(2 Adults living in the same house/address)
YMCA Family Membership
(Couple and their dependents)
YMCA Single Parent Family Membership
(Single parent plus dependents)
YMCA Senior Membership
(For Individuals above 65)
YMCA Senior Household Membership
(65+ individual/s and their dependents)
YMCA Student Membership
(Usually for college students/ Up to 25 years old)
YMCA Virtual Membership
(On-demand fitness videos)
YMCA Membership Prices 2023
|Member Type||Joiner Fee||Dues|
|YOUNG ADULT||$30||$33 MONTHLY|
|TWO ADULTS||$95||$64 MONTHLY|
|SINGLE ADULT FAMILY||$50||$64 MONTHLY|
|SENIOR ADULT||$30||$36 MONTHLY|
|SENIOR FAMILY||$50||$54 MONTHLY|
|ONE additional adult can be added to 2 adults plus dependents, 2 adults, or 2 seniors memberships for $15|
|Also read: Chester Zoo Prices, Membership & Opening Times 2023
YMCA Membership Fees 2023
See the latest and most accurate YMCA Membership Fees in 2023 –
|Single||An individual 26 yrs+||$52.00*|
|Family of 2|| 1 adult and their dependent (25 years or younger) or
2 adults (spouse/significant other) residing in the same household
|Family of 3+|| 1 or 2 Adult(s) residing in same household (spouse/significant other)
with dependent children (ages 25 or younger)
|Youth||13 – 18 yrs old||$29.00|
|Young Adult||19 – 25 yrs old||$39.00|
YMCA Membership Types
YMCA is a non-governmental federation, with each independent local YMCA affiliated with its national organization.
Below are the types of membership offered by the YMCA –
|TEEN||INCLUDES 1 TEEN BETWEEN THE AGES OF 12-17|
|YOUNG ADULT||INCLUDES 1 YOUNG ADULT BETWEEN THE AGES OF 18-29|
|ADULT||INCLUDES 1 ADULT BETWEEN THE AGES 30-61|
|TWO ADULTS||INCLUDES 2 ADULTS AGE 18+|
|FAMILY||INCLUDES 2 ADULTS AGE 18+ AND ANY MINOR CHILDREN LIVING IN THE HOUSEHOLD.|
|SINGLE ADULT FAMILY||INCLUDES 1 ADULT AGE 18+ AND ANY MINOR CHILDREN LIVING IN THE HOUSEHOLD.|
|SENIOR ADULT||INCLUDES 1 ADULT OVER THE AGE OF 62|
|SENIOR FAMILY||INCLUDES 2 ADULTS (ONE MUST BE OVER THE AGE OF 62)|
YMCE Membership Benefits and Privileges
YMCE Membership programs include the following benefits and privileges
|Group Exercise Classes – over 85 offerings per week!||Aerobics Studio|
|Personal Training||Three Fitness Centers|
|Afterschool Programs||Indoor Swimming Pool|
|Swim Lessons*||Full-Size Gymnasium|
|Youth Sports*||Indoor Jogging Track|
|Summer Day Camps*||Cycle room|
|Adventure Guides*||State-of-the-art Weight Room|
|Family Swim Times||Functional Training Room|
|Family Gym Times|
|*Family Members receive special pricing!|
|Elliptical Trainers||Two Adult Locker Rooms|
|Recumbent Bikes||Two Family Locker Rooms|
|Treadmills||On-site Child Care|
|Free Weights||Large Parking Lot|
|Cybex Equipment||Open 7 days a week|
|Life Fitness Equipment|
|Free Motion Weight Equipment|
|Also read: Edinburgh Zoo Prices & Opening Times 2023
Additional YMCA Membership Benefits
- Unlimited access to the entire Greater Seattle Ys
- Free weight loss program
- Access to all of the participating Ys
- Indoor heated swimming pools
- State-of-the-art equipment & amenities
- Unlimited group exercise classes
- Sports and youth enrichment programming
- Free Kids Club with family membership (at selected places)
- access to virtual Y classes for fitness and wellness
- In-person and online children, teens, family, and senior activities
- Members-only discounts for camps, classes, and other special events
- Contracts are not required, and no cancellation at anytime
- Volunteering and community action opportunities
- As a part of an effort to do good
YMCA Membership Cost 2023
- YMCA Family Membership – $93.00 per Month + $75.00 (Initiation Fee)
- YMCA Young Adult Membership – $33.00 per Month + $30.00 (Initiation Fee)
- YMCA Adult Membership – $63.00 per Month + $50.00 (Initiation Fee)
- YMCA two Adult Membership – $75.00 per Month + $78.00 (Initiation Fee)
- YMCA Senior Adult Membership – $50.00 per Month + $39.00 (Initiation Fee)
YMCA Personal Trainer Cost
Personal trainer costs at YMCA vary according to your plan type. Here are some typical costs associated with hiring one of their experienced personal trainers:
Individual, 60 Minute Sessions
- $57 (one session)
- $255.50 (five sessions)
- $481.40 (ten sessions)
Individual, 30 Minute Sessions
- $28 (one session)
- $128 (five sessions)
- $241 (ten sessions)
Partner, 60 Minute Sessions (up to 4 people)
- $39 (one session)
- $174.80 (five sessions)
- $329.40 (ten sessions)
Also read: Banham Zoo Prices & Opening Times 2023
How to get a free YMCA Membership?
My husband volunteers at our local YMCA. The Y was having a hard time filling this time slot. So they offered a FREE family membership as compensation. A family membership at Y costs about $67/month.
Typically a volunteer at Y needs to work 3-4 hours a week for a free individual membership.
Volunteers at Y work in the child watch room, the front desk, or give tours. Every YMCA runs differently.
YMCA Membership Cost and Guest Policies
• All guests must adhere to the Member Code of Conduct and the posted rules within the facility
• All guests check-in at the YMCA Member Services department upon entering the facility
• Photo ID is required for all guests age 12 and older
• Allow a few extra minutes for check-in, especially if attending a class
• A member may bring in up to four guests at one time
• Members may bring an unlimited number of unique guests in a year
How to Cancel YMCA Membership? Steps
YMCA hate to see anyone leave. However, if you wish to cancel your membership at YMCA, please give the YMCA a 30-day written notice to stop your bank draft by contacting your YMCA Family Center location or completing the online membership change request.
- Written notice is required to cancel a membership.
- Members must submit a cancellation request in writing via web form prior to their next draft date.
- Your membership will expire 30 days after your next draft.
- Membership fees are not refundable
- Cancellations that occur within five days of your normal draft date will be cancelled based on the most recent draft.
YMCA Gym Hours 2023 – Updated
The YMCA is open weekdays from 5 am to 11 pm and on Saturday and Sunday from 6 am – 8 pm.
YMCA Membership Fees – People also ask
Can you go to the YMCA without a membership?
Additional use of the YMCA will require a membership or purchase of a guest pass. All guests must sign the waiver form and provide a picture ID that will be kept at the Welcome Center during the visit.
Can you get into the YMCA without your YMCA membership card?
Each member must show their membership card upon entering the facility and when paying for programs.
If you do not have your membership card, you must present a picture ID for admittance to the facility.
How do I cancel my YMCA membership?
Log into your membership account, using your email address or phone number. Select MANAGE MY MEMBERSHIP, directly under your name and photo. Select “request membership termination,” select your reason from the dropdown menu, and submit.
When changes mean that you are ready to end your membership, we ask for seven days’ notice before your draft date to cancel.
Does YMCA membership include all locations?
Now, thanks to the YMCA’s Nationwide Membership program, YMCA members have access to all YMCAs around the country and of course, all the Ys around the Triangle. You can work out at more than 3,000 other YMCAs for no additional or daily fee.
What does YMCA stand for?
Young Men’s Christian Association.
YMCA Locations Near Me
If you pay for a gym membership but DON’T use it, then you MUST CANCEL it immediately. But if you do USE it, start dialing and find a gym where you can volunteer in any capacity for a free membership.
Put that extra money towards your $1000.
Are you a member of a gym? Do you use the gym?
How much is your YMCA membership?
Would you consider volunteering for a FREE membership?
Let us know in the comments.
For more such good stuff, visit Pricelist.onl.