Birmingham Zoo Prices, Membership & Hours Guide
Birmingham Zoo is a zoological park, an independent, not for profit and the lowest paying zoo in the state of Alabama.
Opened in 1955 in Birmingham, Alabama, it is home to approximately 550 animals of 195 species including sea lions, rhinos, elephants, zebras, and other endangered species from six continents.
Birmingham Zoo Prices, Hours and Dates are subject to change.
In this article, we explain everything you must know while buying Birmingham Zoo tickets.
We will also share the latest Birmingham Zoo Prices, Birmingham Zoo Membership, Birmingham Zoo Hours, Birmingham Zoo Map, and other useful details.
Birmingham Zoo Ticket Prices for 2023
Birmingham Zoo Ticket prices range substantially based on your preferences.
All children under the age of three get free admission
Below are the latest Birmingham Zoo Ticket Prices –
|TYPE||PRICE *plus tax|
2-12 years old
|BABIES & CHILDREN
UNDER 2 years old
65 years +
Includes spouses and dependents
Must show military ID and/or spouse/dependent ID
EMT/Paramedics, Firefighters, Law Enforcement
Must show current valid ID or badge
Must show current valid student ID
Available to Alabama residents who currently receive SNAP benefits
Must show a valid, unexpired, signed EBT card in the beneficiary’s name
Available for daytime general admission on any day Birmingham Zoo is open, up to four (4) discount admission tickets per day
$7 Child (age 2-12)
- Birmingham Zoo Admission tickets are non-refundable but are date-transferable up to one year after the purchase date.
- Tickets are required for all guests and Zoo Members whether purchased online or at the gate.
- Train & Carousel tickets stop being sold at 8:00 pm during Glow Wild.
- Full Moon Wild Slide is CLOSED for repairs and renovation until further notice.
- Face Masks are strongly encouraged inside buildings and outside when social distancing cannot be maintained.
- Birmingham Zoo Discounts cannot be combined with any additional coupons, specials, or offers.
- Reciprocal Zoo discounts are available onsite at the ticket booth.
- The last entry into the Zoo stops thirty (30) minutes before closing.
- Family Plus Member Ride Wristbands cannot be reserved online.
- One ticket per person per ride, ages 2 years and up.
- For assistance with tickets already purchased, email email@example.com
Birmingham Zoo Membership Prices
Membership is a great value!
Zoo Members receive free admission into the Zoo and can reserve a free ticket online before their visit.
Below are the latest Birmingham Zoo Membership Prices –
|Child (ages 2-12)||$12.95|
|MEMBER- Child (ages 2-17)||$12.95|
- You may also purchase up to six (6) discounted non-member tickets for guests with your 25% Member discount.
- Purchase or renew a Zoo Membership HERE
If you do not see your discounts or are prompted to enter credit card information on a members-only order, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Birmingham Zoo Stroller & Wheelchair Rentals
Visitors to the Zoo are allowed to bring their own personal stroller, wheelchair, and electric wheelchair into the facility.
Rentals are also available at the Zoo’s main Gift Shop located at the front entrance.
Birmingham Zoo Exhibits
- Main Zoo
- Alligator Swamp: American Alligators
- Camel Rides (Spring and Summer only)
- Bird Aviaries: Kori Bustard
- Flamingo Lagoon: Black-necked swans American Flamingos
- Lorikeet Interactive Feeding and Observation Aviary (only open Spring and Summer): Lorikeets
- Predator Building (soon-to-be Asian Passage)
- African Lions, Coyotes, Bobcat, Black-footed cats, Sand cats, Pallas cat, wildcat, fennec fox
- Primate Building (South America): Black Howler Monkey Jaguar Giant Anteater Giant Otters Sumatran Orangutans
- Sea Lions: California sea lions
- Reptile Building: Snakes
- Tortoise Yard: Tortoises
- Wildlife Stage
- Junior League of Birmingham-Hugh Kaul Children’s Zoo
- Alabama Barn: Goats
- Alabama Wilds: Fish Sandhill cranes North American river otters Wild turkeys
- Grandma’s Back Porch
- Barbara Ingalls Shook Black Bear Trail: American black bears
- The Corral:
- Granny’s Butterfly House (Memorial Day through Labor Day)
- Granny’s Goose Patch
Trails of Africa
- Boma Yard:
- Kiwanis Giraffe Encounter Reticulated Giraffes
- Rhino Building: White Rhinoceros
- Main Elephant Yard: African Elephants
- Savannah Hoofstock Yards: Plain’s zebra’s Ostriches, Eastern bongo
Other facilities and activities
- Lorikeet Feeding
- Primary Giftshop (relocated to Children’s Zoo area)
- Nourish 205 Cafe
- Flamingo Feeding
- Wild Burger Cafe
- Sea Lion Show
- 2 ft (610 mm) narrow gauge
- Birmingham Zoo Express/Red Diamond Express trains
- Wild Burger Cafe
- Safari Peak Pavilion
- Tiki Hut Giftshop
- Wildlife Show
Birmingham Zoo Map – Latest
We recommend bringing a Birmingham Zoo Map with you so that you can view all of its exhibits, animals, and attraction.
At Birmingham Zoo, you can visit exotic and native animal species, choose to eat at one of our eateries and make use of the many facilities available for guests.
Birmingham Zoo Hours 2023
|Monday||09:00 AM – 04:00 PM|
|Tuesday||09:00 AM – 04:00 PM|
|Wednesday||09:00 AM – 04:00 PM|
|Thursday||09:00 AM – 04:00 PM|
|Friday||09:00 AM – 04:00 PM|
|Saturday||09:00 AM – 04:00 PM|
|Sunday||09:00 AM – 04:00 PM|
- Birmingham Zoo is closed Monday and Tuesday
- Holidays observed
- Thanksgiving Day on Thursday, November 25, 2021, the Zoo will be CLOSED
- Christmas Eve EARLY CLOSING at 1:00 pm on Friday, December 24, 2021
- Christmas Day on Saturday, December 25, 2021, the Zoo will be CLOSED
- Early Closing Dates and Times
- Friday, December 24 at 1:00 pm
- Entry into the Zoo stops thirty (30) minutes before closing.
Birmingham Zoo Rules and Manners
- Feeding animals is not allowed.
- Keep habitat areas clean and debris-free.
- Stand within the visitor viewing area.
- No pets inside the Zoo only service dogs are prohibited.
- No smoking. No vaping.
- No outside food.
- The Zoo is a facility that uses nuts and nut products for animal diet purposes.
How do I contact Birmingham Zoo?
(205) 879.9426 (fax)
2630 Cahaba Road
View up-to-date Zoo news, promotions, fun facts, stunning photos of the Birmingham Zoo’s animals and so much more.
Stay connected and enjoy seeing all the Birmingham Zoo has to offer!
So, this is what we’ve shared the latest, up-to-date Birmingham Zoo Prices for Birmingham Zoo Tickets, Birmingham Zoo Hours, Birmingham Zoo Contact Number, Birmingham Zoo Animals, and other useful details.
Want to mention anything special about Birmingham Zoo Ticket Prices, write to us below.
For more such good stuff, visit Pricelist.onl.