- 1 Virginia Unemployment Phone Number
- 2 What is Virginia Unemployment Benefits?
- 3 Who is eligible for Virginia Unemployment Benefits?
- 4 How do I apply for Virginia Unemployment Benefits?
- 5 How do I submit Virginia Unemployment Application?
- 6 How to register yourself for Virginia Unemployment?
- 7 Virginia Unemployment Login – Step by Step Guide
- 8 File your Initial or Weekly / Continued Claim
- 9 Frequently Asked Questions
- 10 Conclusion
Virginia Unemployment Phone Number
During the application of Virginia Unemployment Benefits & Login, you may require to contact the Virginia unemployment office several times to talk to somebody instantly.
VA Unemployment Phone Number is the best for you to discuss VA Unemployment Benefits, registrations and login and unemployed-related issues and more.
Virginia Unemployment Phone Number is 1-866-832-2363 Toll-Free.
At times of high call volumes, the labour dept employs a unique call back service that allows clients to leave their name, number, and preferred callback time.
While calling the Virginia unemployment phone number, make sure that you have the following details:
- Social security number,
- Dates of employment
- Names and addresses of your employers
- Gross earnings, and your
- Driver’s license number
- A pen or pencil and paper to take notes.
What is Virginia Unemployment Benefits?
Virginia Unemployment Compensation is an employer-paid insurance program that provides temporary financial help to qualified unemployed workers on the basis of their previous earnings in-between times of unemployment.
The Bureau of Unemployment Compensation (UC) is responsible for the policies and procedures for the statewide administration.
Employer taxes and reimbursements support the Unemployment Trust Fund.
Employers can’t deduct any money from employees’ paychecks to pay for this program.
Virginia Unemployment Benefits program has two main objectives:
- To offer temporary & partial wage replacement to involuntarily unemployed workers who were recently employed and
- To help stabilize the economy during recessions.
Who is eligible for Virginia Unemployment Benefits?
To be eligible for this program, you must meet all of the following:
- You must be a resident of Virginia.
- You must wait until you are unemployed/effective lay-off date to file for benefits.
- Worked in Virginia during the past 12 months (this period may be longer in some cases).
- Earned a minimum amount of wages determined by Virginia guidelines.
- Actively seeking work each week you are collecting benefits.
How do I apply for Virginia Unemployment Benefits?
In order to file your application online, you will need to answer all the questions in the application.
Once files, it may take up to 30 minutes to file the claim.
If you leave without completing the application, your data will not be saved. You will have to start over again when you come back to the page.
You can also file a claim by phone. Call the Reemployment Assistance Hotline: 1-800-897-5630.
How do I submit Virginia Unemployment Application?
CLICK HERE to submit Virginia Unemployment Application.
How to register yourself for Virginia Unemployment?
To start enjoying Virginia Unemployment Benefits, you must have to register yourself.
Check how to successfully create a Virginia Unemployment Account –
- Visit the official portal – www.vec.virginia.gov
- This will take you to the Virginia Unemployment Login page.
- Click on create a new user account
- Enter SSN, First Name, Last Name, Mother’s Maiden Name, Email Address, Contact Phone, and Date of Birth.
- Now, Create a Username, password, and retype it in the provided boxes.
- Next, click on SUBMIT button.
- Now, you will be asked to provide your personal information.
- Provide all requested details to complete your registration.
Virginia Unemployment Login – Step by Step Guide
To start enjoying Virginia Unemployment Benefits, you must have to register yourself and log on to the online portal.
Check how to successfully log on to Virginia Unemployment Account –
- Visit the official portal – www.vec.virginia.gov.
- This will take you to the Virginia Unemployment Login page.
- Enter the valid Username and Password.
- Check your details twice and click on sign in.
If you have entered the correct login credentials, you will get access to your account.
File your Initial or Weekly / Continued Claim
- To file a new claim by telephone, call toll free, Monday – Friday between 8:15 am and 4:30 pm and between 9 am and 1 pm on Saturday (closed state holidays) 1-866-832-2363
- To file a weekly claim by telephone, call toll free 1-800-897-5630
Initial or Weekly Claim Online…
You will need the following information to file your claim:
- Your Social Security Number
- The accurate employer names, addresses, telephone numbers and dates of employment within the last 18 months.
- The name and a local number of your local union hall, if you obtain work through a union.
- Your Alien Registration Number if you are not a US citizen.
- If you have any Non-Virginia employers you must have an accurate mailing address, phone number, and dates of employment for them.
- You will be asked to select a method of payment: VA Debit Card or Direct Deposit.
- If you select Direct Deposit, you will need to have your Routing Number (First 9 digits located at the bottom of your checks) and your Account Number (5-17 digits, its exact location and number of digits varies from bank to bank).
Frequently Asked Questions
How much unemployment will I get in VA?
Currently, the maximum weekly benefit amount is $378 and the minimum is $60.
Individuals must have earned at least $18,900.01 in two quarters during the base period to qualify for the maximum weekly benefit amount.
Benefit duration varies from 12 to 26 weeks, also depending on wages earned in the base period.
How do I talk to a live person at Virginia unemployment?
You may contact the VEC Customer Contact Center at 1-866-832-2363 (Available 8:15 am to 4:30 pm, Monday – Friday.
That’s all about Virginia Unemployment Benefits, Virginia Unemployment Login & Virginia Unemployment Phone Number.
If you find something that we’ve missed in this guide, please share it with us. Also, share your honest feedback and reviews about the Virginia Unemployment Benefits Program.