Maryland Unemployment Phone Number
During the application for Maryland Unemployment Benefits & Login, you may require to contact the Maryland unemployment office several times to talk to somebody instantly.
MD Unemployment Phone Number is the best for you to discuss Maryland Unemployment Benefits, registrations and login, unemployed-related issues, and more.
Maryland Unemployment Phone Number is +1 800-827-4839 Toll-Free.
At times of high call volumes, the labour dept employs a unique callback service that allows clients to leave their name, number, and preferred callback time.
While calling the Maryland unemployment phone number, make sure that you have the following details:
- Social security number,
- Dates of employment
- Names and addresses of your employers
- Gross earnings, and your
- Driver’s license number
- A pen or pencil and paper to take notes.
What is Maryland Unemployment Benefits/Claim?
Maryland department of labor unemployment is an employer-paid insurance program that provides temporary financial help to qualified unemployed workers on the basis of their previous earnings in-between times of unemployment.
The Bureau of Unemployment Compensation (UC) is responsible for the policies and procedures for the statewide administration.
Employer taxes and reimbursements support the Unemployment Trust Fund.
Employers can’t deduct any money from employees’ paychecks to pay for this program.
The Maryland Unemployment Benefits program has two main objectives:
- To offer temporary & partial wage replacement to involuntarily unemployed workers who were recently employed and
- To help stabilize the economy during recessions.
Maryland Unemployment Eligibility
To be eligible for this program, you must meet all of the following:
- You must be a resident of Maryland.
- You must wait until you are unemployed/effective lay-off date to file for benefits.
- Worked in Maryland during the past 12 months (this period may be longer in some cases).
- Earned a minimum amount of wages determined by Maryland Unemployment Department guidelines.
- Actively seeking work each week you are collecting benefits.
How do I apply for Maryland Unemployment Benefits?
You can file a claim online at Employment Security Division (ESD) page by clicking here.
You MAY be eligible for unemployment insurance. You can file a claim at https://secure-2.dllr.state.md.us/NetClaims/Welcome.aspx or by calling our Claim Center at +1 800-827-4839.
For faster self-service options, please visit the website https://secure-2.dllr.state.md.us/NetClaims/Welcome.aspx.
In order to file your application online, you will need to answer all the questions in the application.
Once filed, it may take up to 30 minutes to file the claim.
If you leave without completing the application, your data will not be saved. You will have to start over again when you come back to the page.
You can also file a claim by phone. Call the Reemployment Assistance Hotline: +1 800-827-4839.
How do I submit Maryland Unemployment Application?
There are two ways to apply:
Online: The fastest way to apply is through our Online Claim System. For regular unemployment insurance (UI) benefits, you will fill out an online form.
IMPORTANT: Be sure you enter your information correctly on your application. Your money will be delayed by days or even weeks if you make a mistake. Be extra careful with your Social Security Number (SSN) and your address.
By phone: You can also apply over the phone. Right now a lot of people are calling, so you may have to wait on hold.
Regular unemployment: +1 800-827-4839.
After you file your Maryland unemployment claim online
You will get a confirmation email when you submit any kind of unemployment application.
Watch your mail too. We will let you know if your claim has been approved or not. We will mail you a letter to let you know. If you are approved, we will let you know how much money you will get and what to do next.
It is taking us a minimum of four weeks to process regular unemployment insurance (UI) claims.
You can check on the status of your claim by logging into our Online Claim System.
Read also: how to file a Virginia unemployment claim?
File your Maryland Unemployment weekly claim
To start getting unemployment benefits, you need to file a weekly claim. This is different from the initial claim. You have to file both to get your money.
A weekly claim is how we figure out how much money to send you for that week. A week is Sunday through Saturday. You can’t submit a weekly claim until the week is over.
To keep getting benefits, you need to file a weekly claim every week. File a weekly claim even if you worked that week. You need to report your hours and earnings for any work you did that week.
File your weekly claims even if you don’t know if your application has been approved yet. It can take at least four weeks for us to process your application. If your application is approved, we will send you money for all the past weeks you were eligible for, as long as you filed your weekly claims.
How to Talk to a Live Person in Maryland Unemployment Insurance Benefits Customer Service?
- MD Unemployment Insurance Customer Support Phone – 1-667-207-6520, Available from 7am to 6pm EST Monday-Friday, from 8am to 12pm EST Saturday, from 12am to 4pm EST Sunday.
- To Get assistance by contacting the new employer/agent (Baltimore area) – dial 1-410-949-0033.
- If you need to activate your employer or agent account in BEACON – dial 1-410-767-8997.
- To Connect with the new IVR system – dial 1-410-949-0022 or 1-800-827-4839. Available 24/7.
- For Fraud Hotline – dial 1-800-492-6804.
- For MD Unemployment Insurance Tax MVA License Renewal – dial 1-410-767-2699.
- To May file a Telecert – dial 1-410-949-0022 (from the Baltimore area) or 1-800-827-4839 (outside the Baltimore area but within Maryland).
Read also – Louisiana Unemployment Phone Number
That’s all about Maryland Unemployment Benefits, Maryland Unemployment Login & Maryland Unemployment Phone Number.
If you find something that we’ve missed in this guide, please share it with us. Also, share your honest feedback and reviews about the Maryland Unemployment Benefits Program.