Arizona Unemployment Phone Number
During the application for Arizona Unemployment Benefits & Login, you may require to contact the Arizona unemployment office several times to talk to somebody instantly.
AZ Unemployment Phone Number is the best for you to discuss Arizona Unemployment Benefits, registrations and login, unemployed-related issues, and more.
Arizona Unemployment Phone Number is 1-877-600-2722 Toll-Free.
At times of high call volumes, the labor dept employs a unique call back service that allows clients to leave their name, number, and preferred callback time.
While calling the Arizona unemployment phone number, make sure that you have the following details:
- Social security number,
- Dates of employment
- Names and addresses of your employers
- Gross earnings, and your
- Driver’s license number
- A pen or pencil and paper to take notes.
What is Arizona Unemployment Benefits/Claim?
Arizona Unemployment Compensation (Arizona Unemployment Department) is an employer-paid insurance program that provides temporary financial help to qualified unemployed workers on the basis of their previous earnings in-between times of unemployment.
The Bureau of Unemployment Compensation (UC) is responsible for the policies and procedures for the statewide administration.
Employer taxes and reimbursements support the Unemployment Trust Fund.
Employers can’t deduct any money from employees’ paychecks to pay for this program.
Arizona Unemployment Benefits program has two main objectives:
- To offer temporary & partial wage replacement to involuntarily unemployed workers who were recently employed and
- To help stabilize the economy during recessions.
Who is eligible for Arizona Unemployment Benefits?
To be eligible for this program, you must meet all of the following:
- You must be a resident of Arizona.
- You must wait until you are unemployed/effective lay-off date to file for benefits.
- Worked in Arizona during the past 12 months (this period may be longer in some cases).
- Earned a minimum amount of wages determined by Arizona Unemployment Department guidelines.
- Actively seeking work each week you are collecting benefits.
How do I apply for Arizona Unemployment Benefits?
You MAY be eligible for unemployment insurance. You can file a claim at www.pua.azdes.gov or by calling our Claim Center at 1-877-600-2722.
For faster self-service options, please visit our website at www.pua.azdes.gov.
In order to file your application online, you will need to answer all the questions in the application.
Once filed, it may take up to 30 minutes to file the claim.
If you leave without completing the application, your data will not be saved. You will have to start over again when you come back to the page.
You can also file a claim by phone. Call the Reemployment Assistance Hotline: 1-877-600-2722.
How do I submit Arizona Unemployment Application?
There are two ways to apply:
Online: The fastest way to apply is through the Online Claim System. For regular unemployment insurance (UI) benefits, you will fill out an online form.
IMPORTANT: Be sure you enter your information correctly on your application. Your money will be delayed by days or even weeks if you make a mistake. Be extra careful with your Social Security Number (SSN) and your address.
By phone: You can also apply over the phone. Right now a lot of people are calling, so you may have to wait on hold.
Regular unemployment: 1 (877) 600-2722.
After you file Arizona unemployment claim online
You will get a confirmation email when you submit any kind of unemployment application.
Watch your mail too. We will let you know if your claim has been approved or not. We will mail you a letter to let you know. If you are approved, we will let you know how much money you will get and what to do next.
It is taking us a minimum of four weeks to process regular unemployment insurance (UI) claims.
You can check on the status of your claim by logging into our Online Claim System.
Read also: how to file a Virginia unemployment claim?
File your Arizona Unemployment weekly claim
To start getting unemployment benefits, you need to file a weekly claim. This is different from the initial claim. You have to file both to get your money.
A weekly claim is how we figure out how much money to send you for that week. The week is Sunday through Saturday. You can’t submit a weekly claim until the week is over.
To keep getting benefits, you need to file a weekly claim every week. File a weekly claim even if you worked that week. You need to report your hours and earnings for any work you did that week.
File your weekly claims even if you don’t know if your application has been approved yet. It can take at least four weeks for us to process your application. If your application is approved, we will send you money for all the past weeks you were eligible for, as long as you filed your weekly claims.
How to Talk to a Live Person in Arizona Unemployment Insurance Benefits Customer Service?
- AZ Unemployment Insurance Customer Support Phone is 1-877-600-2722. Available from 7 am to 6 pm Monday-Friday, Saturday closed, from 9:30 am to 5 pm Sunday.
- For Call Center in Tucson, dial 1-520-791-2722.
- For Call Center in Phoenix, dial 1-602-364-2722.
- For Debit Card Information, dial 1-855-847-2030.
- For Telecommunications Relay Services for the Deaf/Hard of Hearing, dial 711.
- For Claim and Payment Status, dial 1-877-766-8477.
- For Claim and Payment Status (Tucson), dial 1-520-884-8477.
- For Claim and Payment Status (Phoenix), dial 1-602-417-3800.
- To Contact the Client Advocate, dial 1-602-542-5954.
- For Appellate Services Administration, dial 1-602-771-9019.
- For Appeals Board, dial 1-602-771-9036.
- For Office of Appeals – Tucson, dial 1-520-629-0211.
- For Office of Appeals – Phoenix, dial 1-602-771-9019.
- To Repay an Unemployment Insurance Benefit Overpayment (Pay by Phone), dial 1-844-722-6247 or 1-602-252-0024.
- For DES Office of Accounts Receivable and Collections (OARC), dial 1-(602) 252-0024 or 1-800-236-1475.
Read also – Louisiana Unemployment Phone Number
That’s all about Arizona Unemployment Benefits, Arizona Unemployment Login & Arizona Unemployment Phone Number.
If you find something that we’ve missed in this guide, please share it with us. Also, share your honest feedback and reviews about the Arizona Unemployment Benefits Program.